So whether your walls are white, pink, blue, orange or any other color there are a ton of easy projects that you can put together to add that "something different" to your living room, without having to be a crafter and without it costing you an arm and a leg.
So here's my quick list of easy projects for the livingroom. If you have any more ideas, please feel free to share with us!
1. Get your pictures out of the closet or off your camera! My walls are completely uneven and I just had to cover them up with something so I bought some really inexpensive picture frames and decided that I was going to cover my entire wall with family and vacation photos. I'm not done yet but so far, so good...
2. Put up some embroidered towels. If you don't like any of the patterns you find, all you have to do is ask the right crafter and I'm sure they will find what you're looking for (*hint hint*). Towels make the perfect accent to any space and don't just have to be used to wipe off your hands. I used mine to put on our side table and under our fish tank because the tank kept scratching the wood.
3. Don't just update the look, make it smell better, too! I have two cats and two dogs in my house so I'm always afraid to have an open flame around. So while I love candles, I don't have too many in the house. But what I do have, thanks to Jody from Deja Vu K-9 Korner letting me borrow it, is a candle warmer. In my opinion, one of the best inventions ever. It makes the candle last sooooooo much longer. So instead of buring a candle I can use these wickless candles from my crafter Darlene, from FPO Candle Crafts. Her wicked candles and tarts are awesome too.
4. Flowers can change the look of any room and they don't even have to be real. I prefer fake myself, no watering and it lasts forever, or as another one of my crafters says "fauxever".
5. Another picture idea, one of my favorites. I always feel bad about throwing away glass jars, like there's something I should be able to do with them, so I save them for when an idea pops in my head. All you have to do is tape your picture, or pictures if the jar is big enough, to the inside of the jar and use is as a table decoration. It'll be gauranteed to be a great conversation piece.
That's all I have for now. I'm sure that as soon as I hit the publish button I'll think of something I should have added, but if there's something that you want to add please share it with the rest of us!